RSA is currently accepting renewals and new memberships for the 2013 calendar year.
If you are a nonmember who has submitted a conference proposal, you already have a Conference Submitter temporary membership that expires on October 31. To participate in the conference you will need to renew this membership anytime following November 1 for 2014 membership. Please do not register as a new member. If you don't know your login, please contact us.
If you have been a member in the past, please do not join as a new
member. Please sign in at right: if your membership has expired you will
be prompted to renew. If you do not know your login, please contact us.
Members: to renew, sign in at right and go to Membership Info under My Profile. Follow the link to "securely renew your membership now." If you see a transaction "awaiting auto-bill" in the list of transactions on this page, your membership is set to auto-renew for the same membership type you currently have, and you do not need to manually renew as long as your credit card hasn't changed. All memberships are set to auto-renew on the last day of the calendar year. You may cancel an auto-renew payment as follows: sign in to RSA, go to Membership Info, and cancel the "awaiting auto-bill" payment in the list of transactions by clicking on the red X next to the awaiting transaction. If you cancel an auto-renew payment you can still renew manually.
RSA membership types:
RSA offers electronic and print memberships. All memberships are for the calendar year and expire on December 31. Electronic memberships include electronic access to Renaissance Quarterly. Print memberships include a print subscription to Renaissance Quarterly
AND electronic access. We offer student and retiree rates as well. In addition, we offer a dual print membership
for two members in the same household sharing a single print
2013 Rates:Regular Print RQ: $70
Regular Electronic RQ: $60
Student Print RQ: $35
Student Electronic RQ: $25
Retiree Print RQ: $53
Retiree Electronic RQ: $48
Patron Print RQ: $110
Patron Electronic RQ: $90
Dual Print RQ: $80 (this is a membership for two people sharing an address)
Dual Electronic RQ: $70 (this is a membership for two people sharing an address)
RSA members enjoy a number of benefits:
- Renaissance Quarterly in print and electronic, or electronic-only subscriptions
- Renaissance News and Notes for updates in Renaissance studies (e-copy only)
- Annual prizes and awards. Juries are chosen from RSA members: William Nelson Prize ($600) for the best article in RQ; Phyllis Goodhart Gordan Prize ($1,000) for the best book published in Renaissance studies
- Research grants of up to $3,000. The grants are divided into three categories: pre-doctoral, younger scholar/independent scholar, and senior scholar.
- Discounted subscription to Iter, the online bibliography and database collection in Renaissance Studies.
- Discounted subscription to ACLS Humanities E-Book (HEB), which offers the full text of over 1,700 monographs in all areas of the humanities, including nearly 500 titles in ancient, medieval and Renaissance, and later European fields.
- Discounted book purchases from the University of Chicago Press, Ashgate, and Boydell & Brewer. Discount codes available on the Membership Subscriptions page.
- The annual meeting offers a range of topics and papers as well as the opportunity to meet scholars from all over the world in one's own and related fields. Those who present papers must be (or become) members of RSA, and members pay a significantly discounted registration fee.
- Our website offers a network of contact and communication to scholars around the world.